The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

should essential service workers be allowed to strike?
in Politics

By JuicyMelonTechJuicyMelonTech 98 Pts edited October 2017
Hello, everyone, this is my first post in quite a while as I am incredibly busy. This time I do not have an opening statement, instead I pose a question, should essential service workers be allowed to strike?
some argue that allowing them to strike will cause an increase in public service wages, which increases taxes, government spending and possibly create inflation

others argue that the right to strike is a fundamental right of the worker. What side do you fall on? I personally do not have a stance on this issue and I would like to be persuaded, this still wouldn't be considered a persuade me debate, as I have an open mind and am looking to find my own stance on this issue, happy debating 
 -JuicyMelonTech ( work trip)
randalyolostide
  1. Live Poll

whats your stance

9 votes
    1. Essential service workers have the right to strike
      44.44%
    2. Essential service workers do not have the right to strike
      55.56%

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections